Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Alphabet Project - "How It Ends" by DeVotchKa

It may have seemed that I forgot about the alphabet project! Not the case. Once again, I am going through all of my iTunes music alphabetically and am posting highlights and discoveries here.

Today's discovery is "How It Ends" by DeVotchKa. This is especially notable because (at the risk of losing one to three of my three readers) I don't really like DeVotchKa. I find myself frequently skipping past their songs, but this song is unlike most of the others: for one, the accordion that often overwhelms me is almost nonexistent. The lyrics are sad and pretty and I looove the string instruments. The video doesn't thrill me, but I am amused and slightly confused by the "Up Next" youtube video option: "Somewhere Over the Rainbow by that giant Hawaiian man.

I hope you enjoy:




Fun fact: DeVotchKa was named after the Russian word for "girl," devochka (девочка).

No comments:

Post a Comment