Sunday, November 20, 2011

Gospel Gossip - "Pre Med"

I had the last half of this song stuck in my head ALL morning and could not remember the name of the song or the band. By some miracle, I correctly guessed my Myspace password (haven't been on there in a while) and rediscovered my old favorite song by Gospel Gossip, Pre Med. They're from Northfield, MN!

Pre-Med (Just In Case)


They met freshman year, a lucky chance.
She was passed out almost when he asked her to dance.
And he was from New York, and doing pre med just in case.

They said, "we might not be in love, but it's close.
Settling's bad, but being alone hurts the most."
Four fast years of pavement on a ring.
Med school didn't work out, so he had extra money.

And it's too late to regret it.
But you know, we wouldn't do it again.

And he said, "baby I know you wanna move to the city.
But I got a job that at the minute pays decent money.
I know you wanna write, but the time is wrong.
You can get a newspaper job, maybe when the kids are old."

And she said, "baby I just wanna be seventeen again.
This house is a coffin, believe me, I'm so dead.
Here's to your coffee. Here's to your raincoats.
I hear the storm coming but I can't see the sky from this window."

No comments:

Post a Comment